Thursday, October 02, 2008

Baking

So here's the deal. I have bookmarked three sites related to food. This is different than the one thousand six hundred and twelve ones I have in Feed Demon which I do not look at because it would depress the hell out of me that a) I don't ever get around to trying what they show and b) even if I did, it would compare to theirs like the mud pies your child makes compare to delicate chocolate souffle. Sometimes I wonder why I keep those sites at all, I really do.

But these three sites are there because they sounded like fun. One has to do with using a food processor and heavy cream to whip real, no kidding butter. I thought you needed a cow for that, but apparently not. One has to do with making an actual chocolate ganache, which I sort-of did once, which turned out sort-of okay. Only problem is, you need something to put the ganache on. Oh, wait - we have that frozen cake downstairs that I made months ago. Yeah, this will help me lose weight. As will the third, about making a brioche that has chocolate filling. Chocolate ganache, as it happens. And, guess there's four, there's the one about making a creme brulee. I love creme brulee, even though I don't have the cute little cups, nor do I intend to get them, or the little blowtorch, ditto.

So do I make one of those, or do I make one of the chocolate chip cookie variants from the book I found at the libe, yesterday? Put it another way. Semi-difficult to difficult, or straightforward? Ingredients I'd have to get, or ingredients I have?

Ha.

No comments: