Friday, October 17, 2008

Michelle

I read an article this morning, from Vanity Fair's December 2007 issue, about Michelle Obama. If you don't like her, him, or them, you likely won't care for the article but if you do, you just might.

I never wanted to be President (think of it as doing my bit for my country; my sister in law, who works for the Feds, once asked me how much retirement income I got from my eight years in the military, and was astonished to learn Nothing - just the thanks of a grateful nation). I have, however, wondered how I'd feel when the first President was elected who was younger than me. Now I know. I liked the feeling before having read the article; now, I really like the feeling. These are bright, interesting, insightful, committed people -- the kind I always wished that I could be. I'll be glad to have them running things. I know that not everyone agrees, but I think that over time, they'll come around. Well, mostly.

No comments: