Monday, October 13, 2008

Value

I saw this in a recent article:

Gov. Sarah Palin was in downtown Pittsburgh Friday night for a private fundraiser. It cost $1,000 just to get in the door, $10,000 for a photo with Palin, and $25,000 to sit at a table with her.

..and it made me wonder: what would I pay to be in the same room as someone I admired? The photo, who cares, but being at the same table - yeah, that would be nice. What would I pay?

Not those prices, I suspect. Not even for Obama. But - anyone? Anyone at all? Hmm....

2 comments:

Sweeti said...

I can't think of one person of flesh and blood that I'd pay 25,000to sit with.

Cerulean Bill said...

I'd have to get substantially more than the chance to just sit at the same table...and I'd have to have substantially more money than I do now, too. Let alone, what I have now that the stock market has had its way with me!